The Dallas Alumnae Chapter is now accepting applications for the 2018 Frederica Chase Dodd Scholarship.
Each year the Dallas Alumnae Chapter awards a general four-year scholarship in honor of Frederica Chase Dodd, a National Founder, who was also a Dallas Alumnae charter member. The amount of the scholarship is $10,000 paid in 4 year increments per semester. In addition, the chapter awards a one time scholarship in the amount of $1,000 in memory of our beloved chapter soror, Joy Woodfork.
To be eligible for a scholarship, the student must:
- Be an african american female graduating in 2018 from a Dallas County public school;
- Be in the upper 25% of her graduating class;
- Demonstrate financial need;
- Have good moral character and a record of service to the school or community; and
- Plan to attend a 4 year accredited college or university (applicants attending junior/community colleges will not be considered)
Frederica Chase Dodd Scholarship Application and supporting documentation must be postmarked on or before March 10, 2018 and mailed to:
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Dallas Alumnae Chapter Attention: Scholarship Committee P.O. Box 222051 Dallas, Texas 75222-2051
Click here to review and complete the scholarship application.